5 mars 2012

It´s not about how to achieve your dreams - It´s about how to live your life!

I am so fascinating about Randy Rausch - a hero not with us today! Listen to his "The Last Lecture" - "How you achieve your childhood dreams".

If you don´t have the time to listen to this? You can read this blog - where I put down some of the most important point I think his makes in his lecture!

How to get people to help you
1)   You can´t get there there alone, and I believe in karma.
2)   Tell the truth
3)   Be earnest
4)   Apologize when you screw up!
5)   Focus on others

I don´t know how "invented" the THINK-concept, but I have test it and it works:
Ask the questions ... before you speak or wright on f.ex. Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIN ...
Is it  True
Is it  Helpful
Is it  Inspiring
Is it  Necessary
Is it  Kind
This questions help me in my daily life - do you know the source? I am a member of Rotary International and now our rules of thumb is almost the same.

I know that Junior Chamber International is a fantastic organization who is a plattform for young people to build a network, make a difference and full fill their dreams!
I am also very impressed of the organization - Hjärna, Hjärta, Cash (in swedish) and Forum for social innovations and entrepreneurship I met last week at the Nordic Light Hotel (the only thing was to take pictures in this light!

Now to my grandfather and grandmother who was special people who learned me a lot (Three best of by Olle and Olga Johansson):
1) "You should be at places were nobody think they will meet you - to learn new things, be more special and to think your own thoughts!" (by grandfather Olle - an business owner and entrepreneur of the old school)

2) "Learn to say Thanks and Hello in so many languages as possible and people will se you as a nice guy". (Grandmother Olga - a queen of values) It a good starter in a new conversation with people you have not met before.

3) When I started to sell at the age of 10 - a thought it was so easy - I sold in the area of my grandparents. The "customers" often ask me who my relatives was - and when I said that I was Olles and Olgas grandchild - they signed the order!

This three lessons from my great Grandparent I bring with me every day and use their advices!


Now back to Randy´s last lecture:
*   "Brick walls" let us show our dedication!"
*   "Get a feed back loop: and listen to it".
*   "Show gratitude"
*   "Don´t complaint; Just work harder"
*   "Be good at something: it makes you valuable".
*   "Find the best in everybody: no mater how you have to wait for them to show it!"
*   " Be prepared: Luck is where preparation meets opportunity".


It is not about how to achieve your dreams - It is about how to live your life!









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar