18 juni 2012

Why Richard Branson is Sir Richard Branson!

I am really impressed of Sir Richard Bransons  book "LIKE A VIRGIN - Secrets They Won´t Teach You at Business Schools! I give you 3 quotas!
- "FIVE SECRETS TO STARTING A BUSINESS
1)   If you don´t enjoy it don´t do it.
2)   Be innovative - create something different.
3)   Pride of association works wonders.
4)   Lead by listening.
5)   Be visible."












If I´m on any of the Virgin airlines I always try hard to meet as many of the cabin crew and passengers as possible, and will usually come away with a dozen or more good suggestion or ideas. If I didn´t write them down I might remember only a few, but putting them in the infamous nootbook means I remember them all. Talk to your staff and customers at every opportunity, listen to what they tell you, good and bad, and act on it.




-"No one has a monopoly on good ideas or good advice. Get out there, listen to people, draw people out and learn from them. As a leader you´ve also got to be extremely good at lavishing praise. Never openly criticise people, never lose your temper, and always be quick to applaud a job well done. People flourish on praise. Usually they don´t need to be told when they´ve done wrong because most of the time they know it."









It´s all about people, teams and selling!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar